FirstLine Financial is back for the Second Annual Thanks-giving Food Drive. And we hope you join us!
We are participating in a local food drive to benefit St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance. We hope you join us in the spirit of giving and donate non-perishable food items. By donating a non-perishable food item, FirstLine Financial will match each item, CAN for CAN… doubling the donation!
Did You Know…
- Currently, 1 in 4 children, 1 in 5 Arizonians, and 1 in 7 seniors within Arizona live in poverty.
- Arizona ranks 47th out of 50 states in the number of children who may not know where their next meal is coming from.
- Lack of consistent access to adequate food is a problem 2 million Arizonans are faced with every year.
The best thing we can do as human beings is to be humble for the good things we receive and to say thanks by sharing our blessings to those in need.”Ryan Larson
You can easily participate by bringing your food and other nonperishable food items items to our office. Food boxes will be waiting for you! With your help, we can surpass last year’s donations of 100 pounds of food.
Most Needed Food Bank Items
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Protein (chicken, tuna, spam)
- Canned Ravioli
- Canned Fruits (no sugar added or packed in 100% fruit juice)
- Canned Vegetables (low or no sodium)
- Dry or Canned Beans (low sodium)
- Cereal (whole grain or 100% whole wheat – boxed)
A Little Bit About St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance distributes 48,000 Emergency Food Boxes per month to support our clients.
- The majority of those served by the Food Bank and its agencies are working poor families, as well as, children and seniors.
- St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance Kids Cafe® program provides 6,000 meals daily, including 1,000 hot meals, at more than 130 sites throughout Arizona.
- Their Community Kitchen program is a life skills and food service training program for those with barriers to employment. Students gain the skills to get jobs offering livable wages, benefits, and opportunities for advancement through hands-on food service training as well as classroom studies.
- With the support of the community, and the help of nearly 700 partner agencies, St. Mary’s distributes donated food across the state of Arizona.